Documenting incidents is critical to stopping cyberbullying and online harassment:
- Be careful. Don’t click on anything you shouldn’t.
- Take screen captures. If you’re on the move, take them on your mobile device.
- The best screen captures include the full browser, especially the URL. It’s easiest to get what you need on a desktop or laptop. If you’re on a Mac, make sure your window is set to show the full URL.
- Be consistent with your naming convention. Make sure it’s meaningful to you. For example, Profile Name – URL or extension – Description – Date of Screen Capture – Number in Sequence.
- Sort your documents in folders by date, content type, and profile name.
- Regularly place your screen captures from your phone and other sources into the categorized folders.
- Save your documentation in multiple locations. For example, save documents on a computer, an external hard drive, and a secure file sharing platform
Naming convention examples:
- Lisa-Michelle Kucharz FB lisamichelle.kucharz message to me 10-16-2017 1
- Lisa-Michelle Kucharz FB lisamichelle.kucharz message to me 10-16-2017 2
- Lisa-Michelle Kucharz Twitter lmkucharz new blog tweet 10-16-2017 1
- Lisa-Michelle Kucharz Blog Title 10-16-2017 1
- Lisa-Michelle Kucharz Blog Title 10-16-2017 2
- Content generated by Lisa-Michelle Kucharz
- Facebook messages from Lisa-Michelle Kucharz
- Tweets by lmkucharz
- Blogs by Lisa-Michelle Kucharz